Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.23.2 Released With More Work Towards GNOME 3.24

Phoronix: GNOME 3.23.2 Released With More Work Towards GNOME 3.24

GNOME 3.23.2 was released today as the latest development snapshot in the road to next March's GNOME 3.24 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

hidden homepage settings for Epiphany
    Gnome Devs = Microsoft akka the Devil .

Comment

As a GNOME user, I'm really happy with the direction the project is moving and progressing. Every iteration feels even more polished and professional.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
        As a GNOME user, I'm really happy with the direction the project is moving and progressing. Every iteration feels even more polished and professional.
        im also a Gnome User, but i disagree with Hiding stuff from the User, if Gnome want Epiphany to be used more they need to open there eyes an stop being control freaks

Comment

Since I use GNOME (3.6) I liked every iteration. The only change I disliked was removing user name from panel. They should left the option to set it on in settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post

im also a Gnome User, but i disagree with Hiding stuff from the User, if Gnome want Epiphany to be used more they need to open there eyes an stop being control freaks
            Personally, I'm really ok with the defaults. I simply add a few extensions and I'm more than fine with the whole environment (although I believe the Dash to Dock extension should become default for the desktop at least). Some tweaks with gnome-tweak-tool and it's all set. But I also agree with you, they should find a way to let people customize more stuff and get apps to work and look how they need it to.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
              As a GNOME user with 18 installations and 12 people I'm really happy with the professional capabilities, simplicity and extensiability of GNOME & GNOME Apps.

To me GNOME is a no bullshit solution to getting actual work done in a low-distraction environment.

My only irritation with Epiphany lacking polish is it doesn't turn dark when Dark Theme is enabled and their private browsing in dark theme has some problems as well as standard mode makes some input boxes black with black text instead of white with black text or black with white text for contrast.

Overall the nuisances of Gnome have been far and few for me as most of my problems can be solved by finding extensions like Panther Launcher.

Most Linux Admins are fine with having settings stored away in settings.json or dconf-editor. This is pretty much what they've done since GNOME 3.x came out

Comment

I'd be okay with the defaults as well, but the only two extensions that would make it usable is "No Topleft Hot Corner" and "TopIcons Plus." I also have "Alternatetab" turned on for thumbnails of applications when using Alt+Tab.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
                  I'd be okay with the defaults as well, but the only two extensions that would make it usable is "No Topleft Hot Corner" and "TopIcons Plus." I also have "Alternatetab" turned on for thumbnails of applications when using Alt+Tab.
                  I absolutely agree, my personal buff list is:
                  Alternative Tab
                  Arch linux updates indicator
                  Bottompanel
                  Clipboard Indicator
                  Dash to dock
                  Frippery move clock
                  Panther Launcher
                  Places
                  Recent(item)s
                  Topicons plus
                  Trash
                  Volume mixer
                  Gtile

I'm actually considering forking and combining all the extensions I use into a single extension to transform the UX

Comment

With gtk3 in feature freeze, this should be a good stable release.

Comment

Working...
                    X