RadeonSI vs. AMDGPU-PRO vs. NVIDIA On Linux For Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI vs. AMDGPU-PRO vs. NVIDIA On Linux For Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Phoronix: RadeonSI vs. AMDGPU-PRO vs. NVIDIA On Linux For Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Aside from all the WARHAMMER benchmarking being done in the past few days on Phoronix since Feral Interactive released this latest Total War game for Linux, earlier this month the porting company also released another AAA title finally for Linux OpenGL gamers: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Here are some fresh benchmarks of that game using the newest Mesa Git code for RadeonSI, the AMDGPU-PRO hybrid driver, and NVIDIA's proprietary driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like ericg's decision to go for the GTX1060 was the right one.

Comment

Stop to use LLVM 4.0 ... it's very buggy. I have an 480 + Mesa 13.1-devel + LLVM 3.9 and i can play with +40FPS ...
      It's not the first time that we say you this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by berillions View Post
        Stop to use LLVM 4.0 ... it's very buggy. I have an 480 + Mesa 13.1-devel + LLVM 3.9 and i can play with +40FPS ...
        That's interesting. Are you sure LLVM 4.0svn causes the low performance?

Comment

Originally posted by berillions View Post
          I'm sorry, are we looking at bleeding-edge, git-builds or what?

Comment

Well I had problem too with the mesa-git, llvm on Archlinux, for some reason dota 2 and city of skylines make my pc freeze and need to make an hard reset with my rx 480, I just rollback for official repo on archlinux and works fine without issue . The funniest part that dota 2 with mesa-git and radv drivers doesn't show those problems, only happen with the opengl also was rendering problems in some effect as water.

Comment

I just got Deus Ex yesterday, and using Padoka PPA (LLVM 4) the game is playable in the lower setting, well above the results of Michael's benchmark. BUT, some areas have slowdowns. The benchmark probably have lots of these areas, explaining Michael's results.

Marek, are you aware of graphical glitches in some games with latest mesa? In The Talos Principle, Deus Ex and Mad Max these glitches are very annoying. There is any bug report open for it?

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post

That's interesting.
                That is a great comment to hear from the one that is investigating performances issues in radeonSI

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                  I just got Deus Ex yesterday, and using Padoka PPA (LLVM 4) the game is playable in the lower setting, well above the results of Michael's benchmark. BUT, some areas have slowdowns. The benchmark probably have lots of these areas, explaining Michael's results.

Marek, are you aware of graphical glitches in some games with latest mesa? In The Talos Principle, Deus Ex and Mad Max these glitches are very annoying. There is any bug report open for it?

Comment

Thanks tomtomme. When I get home I will take a few screenshots from other games that suffer from this problem too and subscribe to this bug report.

Comment

Working...
                    X