Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest On C++17, Early Work For C++20

Phoronix: The Latest On C++17, Early Work For C++20

There was a C++ standards meeting recently in Issaquah, Washington and a report on it is now available with the latest on C++17 and early work around what will form C++20...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    C++ the language of Gods! Unfortunately we will have to wait till 2020 for the compilers to pick up support. I am still stuck with C++11
    What are you talking about? GCC and clang both already have great support for it!

Comment

Does anybody believe that adding more and more pages to the standard or as a TS makes C++ better? This language will eventually die under the weight of its own complexity.

Comment

C++ the language of help!
        Fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by littleowl View Post
          Does anybody believe that adding more and more pages to the standard or as a TS makes C++ better? This language will eventually die under the weight of its own complexity.
          To make the language less complex, they could drop all the old stuff (that mean dropping the C syntax compatibility!) and create a new textual binding for the language, but I doubt anyone would agree to actually do this.

In the meantime, I'm really hyped to start using module­s and concepts. That will change the whole way I program in a better way.

Comment

I think people fail to realize how terrible was metaprogramming before C++11 and how much it is easy to make short and reliable code over the years...

Comment

Modules please ... please ...just do ... it ...

Comment

Unfortunately we will have to wait till 2020 for the compilers to pick up support. I am still stuck with C++11
                All compilers support the latest standard (C++14) and also most of the draft C++17 standard.

Why are you stuck in C++11?

Comment

Tried building with clang for android using the cocos2D framework. Couldn't use make_unique which from what I know it's c++14. So I had to use C++11 at most.
                  -std=c++14

clang and gcc do come with c++11/14 support and at least partial c++17. As long as u know how to use it and the compiler is not ancient.

Comment

Unfortunately we will have to wait till 2020 for the compilers to pick up support. I am still stuck with C++11
                    all major compilers support c++14. actually, they support most of c++17 already

Comment

Working...
                    X