Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Linux Is Now Auto-Updating, Switches To Mesa 13.0

Phoronix: Clear Linux Is Now Auto-Updating, Switches To Mesa 13.0

Intel's high-performance Clear Linux distribution is now auto-updating by default, including for packages like Mesa and the X.Org Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Automatic offline updates (atleast for security) sound like a nice feature for other distributions, too. Would love to have it for linux mint, as I installed it on the computers of some friends of mine who are not very aware of the importance of updates.
    Maybe microsoft is right here how to do it. With BTRFS as filesystem with automatic snapshots, it should be much faster and less disturbing than on windows, while being very save.

Comment

For cloud? What do they mean? How to install? Download what? Will that make use of my integrated HD4000 even though I've a GTX770 as well? I would be most interested to use my integrated graphics with osx 10.9 as they don't provide gtx1070 drivers. Any ideas on that?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post
        Automatic offline updates (atleast for security) sound like a nice feature for other distributions, too. Would love to have it for linux mint, as I installed it on the computers of some friends of mine who are not very aware of the importance of updates.
        Maybe microsoft is right here how to do it. With BTRFS as filesystem with automatic snapshots, it should be much faster and less disturbing than on windows, while being very save.
        https://wiki.debian.org/UnattendedUpgrades

Comment

unapproved post for treba

Comment

Working...
          X