Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libdrm 2.4.74 Adds Intel Geminilake, Etnaviv Changes

Phoronix: Libdrm 2.4.74 Adds Intel Geminilake, Etnaviv Changes

Mesa DRM library updates aren't usually too notable, but that's different with this evening's libdrm 2.4.74 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Vivante & Tegra support is nice, especially with all the android work i see on the mesa-dev mailinglist lately.
    Maybe we will see a step towards easier Android porting soon.
    How well supported are the Mali chips these days? I do see more reports for Freedreno than i do on Lima since a while now

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
      How well supported are the Mali chips these days? I do see more reports for Freedreno than i do on Lima since a while now
      libv is the developer behind Lima and Tamil driver, AFAIK he is fed up with graphic drivers development as he suffered injustices/is tainted/something like that

Comment

Originally posted by bemerk View Post
        How well supported are the Mali chips these days?
        You can read libv blog here: http://libv.livejournal.com/27461.html

Comment

As it happens, Etnaviv was submitted for inclusion in Mesa just moments ago!

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

libv is the developer behind Lima and Tamil driver, AFAIK he is fed up with graphic drivers development as he suffered injustices/is tainted/something like that
            I am not tainted. I am just sick and tired of always paying the same price for making very fundamental changes to the world of open source graphics drivers, and to, at best, not be smeared with shit. I get to lose customers and employers, i get to be blackballed at pretty much every single hw vendor, and then i have to take shit and useless nonsense multiplied (where did you get that tainted bit, did you even read that blogentry?), on top of which i get to see how everyone else gets to build a nice long career out of the stuff i pioneered or exposed.

I just lost out on a 2y contract because i was stupid enough to state that i didn't want to give up on lima completely. That's about 4000h gone, only to see further people whine and make baseless statements.

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post

I am not tainted. I am just sick and tired of always paying the same price for making very fundamental changes to the world of open source graphics drivers, and to, at best, not be smeared with shit. I get to lose customers and employers, i get to be blackballed at pretty much every single hw vendor, and then i have to take shit and useless nonsense multiplied (where did you get that tainted bit, did you even read that blogentry?), on top of which i get to see how everyone else gets to build a nice long career out of the stuff i pioneered or exposed.

I just lost out on a 2y contract because i was stupid enough to state that i didn't want to give up on lima completely. That's about 4000h gone, only to see further people whine and make baseless statements.
              Do you mean there's lobbies against Open Source graphics drivers? That's something I always suspected in some way, but not sure.

Is there a possibility to have a big & serious research and investigation involving really compromised and trustful people? Free Software and their developers need to be more supported

Comment

Originally posted by libv View Post

where did you get that tainted bit, did you even read that blogentry?

I've read the blog entry at the time, I remember someone saying that you were tainted, don't remember if it were on irc/mailling list, sorry if that offended you.

I've should worded better my sentence, as I've read a little bit about your situation,

Comment

Working...
                X