Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 2.0 Coming In December~January: DirectX 11 Support Ongoing, No Android Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 2.0 Coming In December~January: DirectX 11 Support Ongoing, No Android Support

Phoronix: Wine 2.0 Coming In December~January: DirectX 11 Support Ongoing, No Android Support

With Wine having moved to annual, time-based releases, the code freeze is indeed imminent for the next stable release, Wine 2.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Do you have confidence in CodeWeavers work?

On my side, i Wine big disappoited, great project but progress is very, very small.. And when i check Coderweares page and emails, there very cumbersome.. and products are overpriced and there lots of empty promises, even in comparision with other Linux products.

Comment

How's Wine's security nowadays? And what DX10/DX11 it CANNOT run?

Comment

I wonder if their declining Linux sales are related to the increase in native games. That plus them not having DX11 support means there isn't a whole lot of reason to use WINE anymore as a Linux gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
          I wonder if their declining Linux sales are related to the increase in native games. That plus them not having DX11 support means there isn't a whole lot of reason to use WINE anymore as a Linux gamer.
          A lot of games still use DX9.
          Off the top of my head, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen came out earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
            Do you have confidence in CodeWeavers work?
            blah... blah
            Yes... More so than your spelling abilities...
            Did you read the article... Codeweavers are in the Mac Porting business these days - and just to keep the lights on.
            There is no money in Wine on Linux.

Comment

Sure there are a lot of things that aren't implemented yet, some of them render games and applications useless, but they are doing a great job making things usable outside Windows.
              I just have to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash63 View Post
                Their decline is because Wine experience is a hit or miss one and no improvement has been make to fight against that. No stabilization of software support and mostly only oriented to games, the bugtrackers are a total joke. They want to cell codeweavers joke just for a few fine-tuned stuff.

DX11? Another joke. Wait for the end of 2017 at least

It's a totally failed project and business strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
                  And what DX10/DX11 it CANNOT run?
                  The Witcher 3 still doesn't work.

Comment

Why is it so hard for WINE to work properly? Let Jeremy Allison explain.

But then again, it may not matter much...

Comment

Working...
                    X