Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa 12.0.4 Being Prepped For Ubuntu 16.10/16.04

Phoronix: Mesa 12.0.4 Being Prepped For Ubuntu 16.10/16.04

Ubuntu is preparing Mesa 12.0.4 for Ubuntu Xenial and Yakkety users. It's not as great as Mesa 13, but at least there are some important fixes back-ported...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cant polish a turd!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
      Cant polish a turd!
      MYTH BUSTED

turns out you *can* polish a turd...

Comment

Comment

Cant polish a turd!
          So are you hating on Ubuntu or mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            I suspect that Ubuntu is working on 12.0.4 at the same time that the 12.0.5 release candidates are coming out.

I do believe that EOL for the 12.* Series is coming up soon, based on previous stable release support cycles.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

So are you hating on Ubuntu or mesa?
              I was in a mood and wanted to trash Canonical a little bit, for treating their gamers as unimportant.

Comment

I was in a mood and wanted to trash Canonical a little bit, for treating their gamers as unimportant.
                And they still are. They could stop wasting their time with 12.x and work on backporting 13

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
                  And they still are. They could stop wasting their time with 12.x and work on backporting 13
                  They should just took it from Sid, which is utter current on releases now 13.0.2 and llvm 3.9

But this is for Ubuntu LTS mainly ... Debian Stable has in backports 12.0.4 already and it jump from default 10.3 and that works, so why shouldn't less jump from 11.2 wouldn't work for Ubuntu LTS... prob is probably also newer kernel needed, they wouldn't mind until they backport 4.8 for LTS first at the end of january next year

Comment

dungeon Glad to see Debian doing better than it did until a few months back!

Comment

Working...
                    X