Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Random Gift Ideas For Linux Enthusiasts & Others Into Tech

Phoronix: More Random Gift Ideas For Linux Enthusiasts & Others Into Tech

Last week I shared some 2016 Holiday Gift Ideas For Linux Enthusiasts, Gamers. Since then more ideas came to mind with other interesting tech gift ideas, particularly for Linux/open-source enthusiasts, as well as other favorite gadgets and interesting devices I've come across in the past year. So here are some more ideas of stocking stuffers and other fun purchases for the holidays...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I still always take the chance to recommend the TypeMatrix 2030 keyboard to geeks everywhere. Especially if they're interested in trying out Dvorak or alternative keyboard layouts. I've owned 6 of them (3 generations, one for home, one for work), and still use it every day. Not cheap but great!

TypeMatrix designs and manufactures the 2030 - a slim, elegant, universal and ergonomic keyboard.
    Last edited by Azpegath; 04 December 2016, 04:20 PM. Reason: Add link.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
      I still always take the chance to recommend the TypeMatrix 2030 keyboard to geeks everywhere. Especially if they're interested in trying out Dvorak or alternative keyboard layouts. I've owned 6 of them (3 generations, one for home, one for work), and still use it every day. Not cheap but great!

http://typematrix.com/
      I remain partial to the microsoft natural keyboard 4000 (because I like cords) used one for many years - only takes a day to get used to it

as for all the other stuff in the article - that Michael fella sure likes his gadgets

Comment

Michael Interesting exchange rates on Amazon.com and Amazon.de. I thought the idea of the cable management would be interesting and looked what they cost in Germany.
        Well, looks like they're a BIT cheaper in the US (14$ vs. 69€)!

Amazon.com

Amazon.de

Comment

http://typematrix.com/
          Nothing will make me give up my current mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Green switches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
            Nothing will make me give up my current mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Green switches.
            A lot of people say that but I've just never understood the thing with mechanical keyboards. I've tried several, but it's just a lot of noise and clattering away. I'd rather have a keyboard that's quiet and quick to type on.

Comment

I still always take the chance to recommend the TypeMatrix 2030 keyboard to geeks everywhere. Especially if they're interested in trying out Dvorak or alternative keyboard layouts.
              For ergonomics, you can't beat Kinesis' Advantage 2. The only down-side is that you'll probably want to use it with a keyboard tray.

Available with Cherry MX Brown or Red switches and optional Qwerty/Dvorak dual-key caps.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                For ergonomics, you can't beat Kinesis' Advantage 2. The only down-side is that you'll probably want to use it with a keyboard tray.

Available with Cherry MX Brown or Red switches and optional Qwerty/Dvorak dual-key caps.
                I do like that the Kinesis has straight rows (and not staggered keys). I've never tried it but I can imagine it's quite nice. I'm very happy with the TypeMatrix, I'm not sure the Kinesis actually brings anything more to the table, except bringing the hands apart.

Comment

I'm not sure the Kinesis actually brings anything more to the table, except bringing the hands apart.
                  The key wells follow the sweep of your fingers, further reducing hand motion and shortening reach.

Comment

Working...
                  X