Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.9-rc8 Kernel Released

Phoronix: Linux 4.9-rc8 Kernel Released

There was too much churn in the mainline Linux kernel Git tree that Linus Torvalds today released 4.9-rc8 rather than declaring Linux 4.9 as ready to ship...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Extra kudos to Arnd, who actually root-caused the incredibly annoying 'modversions do not work with new versions of binutils', bisecting it to a particular change to symbol handling in binutils, and then adding a small one-liner patch to the kernel to work around the issue. We already had other workarounds in place, but it's always good to know exactly what in the tool chain changed to cause things like this."
    Am I the only one that readed Amd? Yes, AMD

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Nope. You are not alone

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
        I guess even if article note to Arnd Bergmann, somebody would readed it as Amd Bridgman

Kernel is not only about AMD'd drivers, even Batman is part of it (picture from last month kernel summit)

Last edited by dungeon; 04 December 2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I guess even if article note to Arnd Bergmann, somebody would readed it as Amd Bridgman

Kernel is not only about AMD'd drivers, even Batman is part of it (picture from last month kernel summit)

a short batman

Comment

Working...
          X