Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AMD DC/DAL Patches Continue To Slim Down The Codebase

Phoronix: New AMD DC/DAL Patches Continue To Slim Down The Codebase

The latest patches for the AMDGPU DRM driver's DC code -- what was previously known as DAL -- have been published and they reduce the size of the code-base some more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone have a count of the total delta? I think it started at just under 100K lines of code

Comment

DC ReLive Lots of sexy features... just under impression reading about new driver for Win leakage:

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        DC ReLive Lots of sexy features... just under impression reading about new driver for Win leakage:

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-softw...e-driver-leak/
        Does have the same features than Windows drivers? I doubt it!

Comment

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-softw...e-driver-leak/
          Warning, wccftech is nicknamed "bstech" for a reason.
          What they post is unreliable at best, bullshit on average.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            Does have the same features than Windows drivers? I doubt it!
            Well, on Linux we are in somewhat... let say - "GCN 1.0 state for all the cards" There is no new shinny features for 1.0 even in WIndows

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Warning, wccftech is nicknamed "bstech" for a reason.
              What they post is unreliable at best, bullshit on average.
              Well, leakage is somewhat earlier info than what legally should be but as i see other sites quote them too on this matter and make articles, as it started from there i think...so we need to wait just 2 days to see if it is true or not

Comment

And if we compare with our daily DAL news... it is for those who can't wait kernel and mesa to be released anyway... in opensource of course we have stright away proof as code is there, but that might not mean much as even then its does not mean it would be included in its current shape.

So i dunno how that differ... average Joe needs to wait to see this too, not 2 days but 2 kernel releases (or even more ). If this DAL or DC is true or not, it might change name again (so i advise people to name it as you like , as it is not in Linus's tree anyway) or it might suddenly dissappear in its current shape or form again, who knows

Comment

And if we compare with our daily DAL news... it is for those who can't wait kernel and mesa to be released anyway... in opensource of course we have stright away proof as code is there, but that might not mean much as even then its does not mean it would be included in its current shape.

So i dunno how that differ... average Joe needs to wait to see this too, not 2 days but 2 kernel releases (or even more ). If this DAL or DC is true or not, it might change name again (so i advise people to name it as you like , as it is not in Linus's tree anyway) or it might suddenly dissappear in its current shape or form again, who knows
                  They should contract Collabora to clean this mess and merge it, then call it "AC/DC" :P

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                    They should contract Collabora to clean this mess and merge it, then call it "AC/DC" :P
                    Yup AC, feel free to name it as you like , as if we wanna be maximum correct then really what isn't released does not exist... yet

Comment

Working...
                    X