Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Kernel Developers Discuss Dropping FBDEV Staging Drivers

Phoronix: Linux Kernel Developers Discuss Dropping FBDEV Staging Drivers

Toward the end of November was a discussion that started about potentially dropping all of the FBDEV Linux kernel drivers that are currently in the staging area, but it doesn't look like that will go through, at least until the relevant hardware has seen basic DRM driver ports...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This headline makes me miss fbcondecor - I really do love the wallpapers on Console Backgrounds, I just wish it had been ported to work with systemd

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
      This headline makes me miss fbcondecor - I really do love the wallpapers on Console Backgrounds, I just wish it had been ported to work with systemd
      There is a package on AUR, it's basically just a systemd service file for starting the same stuff with a kernel supporting the same features.

Comment

unapproved post for ElectricPrism

(why is vbullettin blocking me now? wasn't it supposed to not annoy people with more than 5 posts?)

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          unapproved post for ElectricPrism

(why is vbullettin blocking me now? wasn't it supposed to not annoy people with more than 5 posts?)
          It's still acting up in a few instances (though not nearly as bad as before), still investigating.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Who cares? It's bloody staging. It's not like the kernel isn't filled to the brim with useless crap anyway, right?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              There is a package on AUR, it's basically just a systemd service file for starting the same stuff with a kernel supporting the same features.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't redone my research in a bit and I've sortof been waiting on the Arch Wiki to learn of updates but it seems like it might be stale in this one area:

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                I'd imagine the userspace console is what will allow to do that sort of thing properly. Though it's been a while since I heard anything about that, hm.

Comment

Working...
                X