Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query In The Pipe For Intel Mesa

Phoronix: ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query In The Pipe For Intel Mesa

While Intel's at OpenGL 4.5 compliance in Mesa with their open-source graphics driver, there remain a number of modern extensions that aren't currently mandated by an OpenGL version number, among them is ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are there software using it or potentially using this extension? I wonder about it...

Comment

Why didn't they mark them as OpenGL 4.6 and instead left them as extra extensions?

Comment

And fp64 for haswell please.....

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          Are there software using it or potentially using this extension? I wonder about it...
          This is one of the extensions which provide functionality available with dx10, but previously only possible with GL by using slow fallbacks. So my guess would be apps ported from d3d could potentially use it. It is also useful if dx10 is emulated by GL on the whole by whatever means, of course. Although to my knowledge usage of such queries is not exactly widespread...

Comment

Originally posted by mczak View Post

This is one of the extensions which provide functionality available with dx10, but previously only possible with GL by using slow fallbacks. So my guess would be apps ported from d3d could potentially use it. It is also useful if dx10 is emulated by GL on the whole by whatever means, of course. Although to my knowledge usage of such queries is not exactly widespread...
            Wine?

Comment

Looks like the fp64 stuff is getting a review on the dev list. most of it sorted. Couple minor revisions.
              looking forward to it.

Comment

fp64 almost there.... One patch to go...

Comment

Working...
                X