Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Radeon/AMDGPU Fixes For Linux 4.10 Ahead Of The Merge Window

Phoronix: More Radeon/AMDGPU Fixes For Linux 4.10 Ahead Of The Merge Window

With Linux 4.9 expected for release this weekend and the 4.10 merge window to then immediately open, Alex Deucher of AMD sent in an early batch of fixes atop the earlier feature material of AMDGPU/Radeon DRM changes for Linux 4.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the point. I mean, if there will be no DC/DAL all this is useless,
    Man, I'm still depressed after reading the news on it

Comment

You've got the wrong conclusion on that matter. Yes, there are problems which need to be solved, yes that will happen, yes that might take some time, but it's absolutely wrong to believe that problems won't be solved in a few month timeframe.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
        What's the point. I mean, if there will be no DC/DAL all this is useless,
        Man, I'm still depressed after reading the news on it
        DC still coming soon™. The post about DC not coming to the kernel was blown out of proportion by Michael, it's getting very close to being able to be pushed upstream. Read for yourself: https://lists.freedesktop.org/archiv...er/126698.html

Comment

I wonder if that DC stuff will be finally merged. Until now, there are just promises.

Any official TODO approved by all involved parties?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            I wonder if that DC stuff will be finally merged.
            Of course it will... the only question is when, ie how long it will take to make enough changes to be accepted for initial upstreaming.

Until now, there are just promises.
            I don't remember seeing any promises from anyone, just "here is the work we are currently planning on doing" (is that what you mean ?), but if there are actual promises out there please help me find them.

Any official TODO approved by all involved parties?
            There was an initial list which we have mostly worked through; the RFC was one step towards building an updated list. Unfortunately the actual RFC question (upstream first for one new GPU or all supported GPUs ?) got lost in the noise.
            Last edited by bridgman; 11 December 2016, 11:20 AM.
            Test signature

Comment

If anyone has a PKGBUILD or other build instructions please share I would like to run amd-staging on arch as I'll be reinstalling tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                If anyone has a PKGBUILD or other build instructions please share I would like to run amd-staging on arch as I'll be reinstalling tonight.
                grab pkgbuid "linux-git" from aur, change source line to alex's tree: 'git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux#branch=drm-next-4.10-wip' instead 'git+https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...alds/linux.git'

you can use also different branches:
                drm-next-4.10
                amd-staging-4.7....etc
                look at: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post

grab pkgbuid "linux-git" from aur, change source line to alex's tree: 'git://people.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux#branch=drm-next-4.10-wip' instead 'git+https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux...alds/linux.git'

you can use also different branches:
                  drm-next-4.10
                  amd-staging-4.7....etc
                  look at: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~agd5f/linux
                  Thank you! But it won't built:
                  ==> Beginne pkgver()...
                  fatal: Keine Namen gefunden, kann nichts beschreiben. [No names found, cannot write anything]
                  ==> FEHLER: pkgver darf nicht leer sein. [ERROR: pkgver cannot be empty]
                  ==> FEHLER: pkgver() generierte eine ungültige Version [ERROR: pgkver() has generated an invalid version]

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    ... some new Southern Islands GPU variants ...
                    There are still new Southern! Islands (Released: January 2012) GPU variants?

Comment

Working...
                    X