Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD's GPUOpen Open Capture and Analytics Tool (OCAT) For Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD's GPUOpen Open Capture and Analytics Tool (OCAT) For Linux?

Phoronix: AMD's GPUOpen Open Capture and Analytics Tool (OCAT) For Linux?

Announced alongside the AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition driver debut on Thursday (and the AMDGPU-PRO 16.50 Linux driver) was their GPUOpen initiative introducing OCAT, the Open Capture and Analytics Tool...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will be OpenGL supported? I would like to have something like GALLIUM_HUD for AMDGPU-PRO.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post
      Will be OpenGL supported? I would like to have something like GALLIUM_HUD for AMDGPU-PRO.
      I would guess no, since they are focused on Windows first of all and support D3D11/D3D12 that the vast majority of games use.... And OpenGL Windows gamers have FRAPS. So really don't see AMD spending resources adding OpenGL support, unless someone from the community were to once the code is opened.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Some German guys already tested it with OpenGL (FluidMark) and DX9 (Mafia2)

See: https://translate.google.com/transla...3Fp%3D11232699

Comment

This is very good news, now the community can jump in, Gallium HUD is so useful it would be great to have one for PRO since Gallium runs on MESA (Am I to understand Gallium HUD doesn't work on PRO?)

Comment

But proprietary drivers (aka Nvidia) and Intel won't be able to use it since those don't use Gallium :/

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
              But proprietary drivers (aka Nvidia) and Intel won't be able to use it since those don't use Gallium :/
              AFAIK Intel and AMD both have open source drivers.

nVidia is the only one without a substantive open source driver.

Also, I'm under the impression that Gallium is irellevant.

From GitHub: "The Open Capture and Analytics Tool (OCAT) provides an FPS overlay and performance measurement for D3D11, D3D12, and Vulkan"

Honestly I don't really care if this doesn't work on nVidia - AMD, Intel & Linux have Invited nVidia to the party and sandbox to play but they have just refused because they're busy staring at their ass in the mirror and praising themselves for being superior.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

AFAIK Intel and AMD both have open source drivers.
                The Intel drivers do not use Gallium.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                  The Intel drivers do not use Gallium.
                  Nor do AMD drivers on Windows, yet OCAT works there.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Nor do AMD drivers on Windows, yet OCAT works there.
                    But: You don't get the overlay with OpenGL (only D3D and Vulkan) on windows (and probably linux too if it's supported) so it's not really a valid replacement for gallium HUD use cases.

Comment

Working...
                    X