Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Rad Raygun, A Mega-Man Style Platformer Game For Linux

Phoronix: Super Rad Raygun, A Mega-Man Style Platformer Game For Linux

Welcome to the year 198X-- America is in turmoil following a Soviet invasion, there’s Lava People in Mount Saint Helen, a robot protect us from communist robots, and Reagen still won the presidency...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love seeing game news on Phoronix very cool gotta install

Comment

Hi Eric,

A bit of feedback:

I appreciate the review, but to me, it comes a bit out of the blue
      Let me explain here: I am not really used to see phoronix publish game reviews, even though I was expecting to see you as the author. That's why I was expecting a bit of background information on the game: why choose to review it, what attracted you to it (nostalgia, popped-up on the steam store, that's a must-try AAA game, a random indie title you've heard of, etc.).
      Such information is generally nice to have, instead of jumping straight into the review.

Then, it's just my two cents -- my very personal opinion. You might or might not agree with me, and it also stems from my personal experience and how I am used to see those review presented.

Other than that... thank you for the great review

P.S: I also thought about something: I know that nVidia's marketshare is dominant in the gaming ecosystem, but I think it also makes sense to at least try the game on Intel/AMD once in a while, at least to ensure that the devs don't primarily target these nVidia-only game reviewers And of course, properly (constructively if possible) trash/praise both the game and driver developers accordingly :P

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
        Hi Eric,

A bit of feedback:

I appreciate the review, but to me, it comes a bit out of the blue
        Let me explain here: I am not really used to see phoronix publish game reviews, even though I was expecting to see you as the author. That's why I was expecting a bit of background information on the game: why choose to review it, what attracted you to it (nostalgia, popped-up on the steam store, that's a must-try AAA game, a random indie title you've heard of, etc.).
        Such information is generally nice to have, instead of jumping straight into the review.
        He gave you the backstory: he got a free code

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Welcome to the year 198X
          Oh, I actually thought the same

Comment

In contrast with M@yeulC’s opinion, I appreciate that the article doesn’t bore me with the reviewer’s life . A few more details about the gameplay would be nice (is it hard, are there difficulty levels, is it fast-paced, are there weapons, puzzles?). Thanks for the information about keyboard usage. Most games have poor keyboard support, especially on non-qwerty keyboards (sadly very few reviewers use something else than qwerty). It seems incredible that there is no key to access the menu ingame.

Comment

Figuring out what buttons to press requires trial and error, because while on an Xbox 360 controller you can press “start” to pull up the game’s menu, I couldn’t get any keyboard button to pull up the menu.
              Just a wild guess, but did you try the "Pause" key?

Comment

Working...
              X