Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Fedora 26 Change Proposals: Ruby, Golang 1.8, Go PIE, ZF3

Phoronix: More Fedora 26 Change Proposals: Ruby, Golang 1.8, Go PIE, ZF3

Fedora 26 feature development is heating up...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hope to see Python 3.6 and PHP 7.1 too.

Comment

why package the zend framework? seems a little weird to me...

Comment

Originally posted by michal

they do the same with symfony and other php libraries. also there are some js assets.

I never heard about any modern php framework (ok - I know only a few - I don't know all ) that would encourage devs to use components bundled in os.
        Usually, they bundle these things for dependencies of other software (ownCloud for example uses symphony). They insist to have a clean packaging system (with no pip/pear/pecl/composer/npm third-party packages).

Comment

Originally posted by michal

they do the same with symfony and other php libraries. also there are some js assets.

I never heard about any modern php framework (ok - I know only a few - I don't know all ) that would encourage devs to use components bundled in os.
          yeah, it is a little weird

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

yeah, it is a little weird
            It is a dependency for web applications packaged. Kinda the point of a distribution.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

It is a dependency for web applications packaged. Kinda the point of a distribution.
              Well, we're reaching a point where that's arguable. I think I might want to suggest at this point that distribution packaging of many webapps is more or less a gigantic waste of time. Certainly the ones whose upstreams don't support or care about distro packaging, built on frameworks that don't support or care about distro packaging, in ecosystems that don't support or care about distro packaging, in languages that don't support or care about distro packaging.

So...just about anything written in PHP, Ruby or Javascript. Aside from, possibly, Wordpress and one or two other things which actually go out of their way to care about working with system libraries, like Roundcube.

This is the major reason I stopped packaging ownCloud, FWIW.

Comment

Working...
              X