Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DRM Driver Updates For Linux 4.10: Intel GVT, AMDGPU VM Manager, Nouveau Atomic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DRM Driver Updates For Linux 4.10: Intel GVT, AMDGPU VM Manager, Nouveau Atomic

Phoronix: The DRM Driver Updates For Linux 4.10: Intel GVT, AMDGPU VM Manager, Nouveau Atomic

David Airlie has sent in all of the Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) driver updates for Linux 4.10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm pretty sure Skylake doesn't support HDMI 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I'm pretty sure Skylake doesn't support HDMI 2.0
      there are some who do through a DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 onboard converter.

Comment

Still no fix for maxwell with 4G : https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94990 .

Thanks Nvidia for making the firmware secure without giving any help to really implement this, especially for the hardware where you thought it me be funny to make 4G 3 1/2 G "fast" and 512 MB "slow".

Thanks nouveau devs for trying to endure this painful and surely annoying shit.

Comment

Originally posted by IntrusionCM View Post
          Still no fix for maxwell with 4G : https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94990 .

Thanks Nvidia for making the firmware secure without giving any help to really implement this, especially for the hardware where you thought it me be funny to make 4G 3 1/2 G "fast" and 512 MB "slow".

Thanks nouveau devs for trying to endure this painful and surely annoying shit.
          Actually the issue has nothing to do with the firmware. The issue is that we don't configure the memory properly, because of the weird partition layout.

Comment

Is there any ongoing work for DP MST(daisy-chain setup of two screens) on Intel hardware?

It was completely broken before 4.7, on 4.8 it basically starting working but with ugly glitches, on 4.9 I see the same problem but there are some stability improvements.

It really feels like the Intel developers don't eat their own dog food, especially for multi-screen environments driven by docked laptops.

Comment

Working...
            X