Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Veteran Ubuntu Member Is Leaving Canonical

Phoronix: Another Veteran Ubuntu Member Is Leaving Canonical

Well, this is a bit strange and hopefully just developers looking to recharge and find new endeavors for 2017 as opposed to any exodus, but just hours after writing about Martin Pitt leaving Canonical to join Red Hat, another longtime Ubuntu developer is leaving the company too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The day MS steps in and "buys" Canonical is getting closer.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      What good would it do to MS. People will just use other distros. In fact many already do. Especially after that story last year with Kubuntu council...

Comment

Sure shows how much Canonical pays if their employees can afford to leave just because they feel like it...

Comment

Originally posted by stikonas View Post
          What good would it do to MS.
          MS's ways are not our own ways.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Sure shows how much Canonical pays if their employees can afford to leave just because they feel like it...
            Sure, but they also seem burnt out, which explains why a few days ago I spotted strange tweets from some Canonical employees related to suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              Sure, but they also seem burnt out, which explains why a few days ago I spotted strange tweets from some Canonical employees related to suicide.
              The average person who works at the same job at the same place for more than a couple years is bound to feel burnt out, but most don't have the privilege of jumping ship whenever they want.

Comment

I am glad to see that both Martin and Daniel have the opportunity to recharge. I agree that most people do not have that opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  The average person who works at the same job at the same place for more than a couple years is bound to feel burnt out, but most don't have the privilege of jumping ship whenever they want.
                  Both of them stayed more than 10 years, which is far above the average of "most".

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Personally i think Ubuntu will be better off folding as a Distro , its plain obvious that Ubuntu just isnt the Distro it once was anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X