Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenRISC Has New Maintainer For The Linux Kernel

Phoronix: OpenRISC Has New Maintainer For The Linux Kernel

OpenRISC continues progressing as an open-source ISA derived from RISC. While still waiting for more hardware to appear, the OpenRISC continues moving along for the Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

At first I misread the article thinking it said "while waiting for hardware to appear". That made me want to point out that most Allwinner chips have an OpenRISC core in them. You could just fire that little guy up and never bring the ARM cores out of reset and you've got yourself a nice little OR board. But the article said "more hardware", so nevermind. Still, for anyone who wants to play with this, a cheap Allwinner board might be the easiest way to get your feet wet.

Comment

willmore Cool, I didn't know there was an OR core in some Allwinner chips. I don't know how relevant OpenRISC is especially with RISCV on the horizon. Of course if someone wants to maintain OR related stuff, and there is actual hardware that you can get, then I'm all for it

Comment

If anyone wants to look into it: http://linux-sunxi.org/AR100

Comment

Working...
        X