KDE Applications 16.12 Released: KWave Added, Konqueror Ported To KF5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Applications 16.12 Released: KWave Added, Konqueror Ported To KF5

Phoronix: KDE Applications 16.12 Released: KWave Added, Konqueror Ported To KF5

The KDE community banded together today to issue their big KDE Applications 16.12 update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Konqui is alive! Too bad I couldn't trust it with the modern web treats. I remember using it at a time when tabs were a modern thing and all the resources it have unavailable in other browsers.

Comment

Hail Konqui! I love it too I'd love to have time to hack on khtml & konqui. Having looked at the code, it is very well engineered...

Comment

I like Konqueror as an all-in-one browser. Did you know you can look at man and info pages with it, too?

I never understood the point of Dolphin...

Comment

Okular ported to kf5, finally!
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by ldo17 View Post
            I never understood the point of Dolphin...
            Providing a viable alternative to people that don't like Konqueror in the slightest.

And it is pretty damn great at it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Providing a viable alternative to people that don't like Konqueror in the slightest.
              But if you want a GUI that takes away features in the name of “ease of use” ... isn’t that what GNOME is for?

Comment

Juk is abandoned, right? The only decent library audio player in KDE.

Comment

I doubt there is enough developer resources to support both Juk and Amarok. Although your opinion may differ, I find Amarok to be a long way better than Juk.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevelyan View Post
                    I doubt there is enough developer resources to support both Juk and Amarok. Although your opinion may differ, I find Amarok to be a long way better than Juk.
                    Also a big fan of Amarok. Yet it hasn't had a new release in over 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X