Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing The Sound Updates For Linux 4.10

Phoronix: Hearing The Sound Updates For Linux 4.10

Takashi Iwai submitted all of the sound driver updates on Wednesday for the Linux 4.10 kernel. Intel Skylake audio continues to be refined but there is also a lot of other hardware driver work...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When will they fix headphone jack not working on certain Asus ROG and Dell Alienware laptops? 2016 and a simple thing as headphone jack is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
      When will they fix headphone jack not working on certain Asus ROG and Dell Alienware laptops? 2016 and a simple thing as headphone jack is not working.
      If you actually report the bug, there may be a chance, despite Creative's CA0132 codec sucking:
      I'm using an Alienware 15 R2 and had to use the alienware quirks to get my headphone output working. I fixed it by adding, SND_PCI_QUIRK(0x1028, 0x0708, "Alienware 15 R2 2016", QUIRK...

Bitching about it on Phoronix will get you nowhere...

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

If you actually report the bug, there may be a chance, despite Creative's CA0132 codec sucking:
        I'm using an Alienware 15 R2 and had to use the alienware quirks to get my headphone output working. I fixed it by adding, SND_PCI_QUIRK(0x1028, 0x0708, "Alienware 15 R2 2016", QUIRK...

Bitching about it on Phoronix will get you nowhere...
        It isnt Creative, it is Realtek sound card. I sent an email to Alsa bug mailing list and never received any confirmation it got there or anything.

Comment

I sent a bug report now to kernel bug tracker so we will see.

Comment

Some thing with WOL not working with ALX. If it doesnt get a devs attention it will never get fixed even if there is a somewhat working patch.

Comment

Working...
            X