Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Gets A Systemd Genie; KDE Partition Manager 3.0 Released

Phoronix: KDE Gets A Systemd Genie; KDE Partition Manager 3.0 Released

There are two noteworthy pieces of KDE news as the weekend comes to an end...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I think it was better suited as a kcm, I hope he will not discontinue the old kcm.
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Ooh, I like the systemd genie.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
        I think it was better suited as a kcm, I hope he will not discontinue the old kcm.
        +1 for this. I think if its not in the systemsettings anymore I will stop using it because i just ignore everything that i have in a menu on configuration tools ...

Comment

Originally posted by lumks View Post

+1 for this. I think if its not in the systemsettings anymore I will stop using it because i just ignore everything that i have in a menu on configuration tools ...
          Hear, hear!
          You'd think keeping settings in the settings section is a no-brainer.

Comment

You could add a button to systemsettings that opens the new application. That's for example how yast is "integrated" into systemsettings in openSUSE.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
              You could add a button to systemsettings that opens the new application. That's for example how yast is "integrated" into systemsettings in openSUSE.
              KWallet is another example of how to integrate. But that's assuming one is willing to look.

Comment

i am guessing they do this so other desktops can also use the program.

Comment

Working...
                X