Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Releases Realm of the Wood Elves DLC For Linux

Phoronix: Feral Releases Realm of the Wood Elves DLC For Linux

It's not as exciting as seeing a brand new Linux game port released before the holidays, but for those hoping to do some Linux gaming over Christmas, the Real of the Wood Elves DLC is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo: Real -> Realm

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      Typo: Real -> Realm
      Fixed, thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
        What games are you hoping Feral will release in 2017?
        Skyrim, GTA V, Mafia III, Witcher 3.

Spacious Skies now went from the inner line to the outer line on the radar. I would really be interested in it. But I hope the outer line doesn't mean that everything is now extremely delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
          Skyrim, GTA V, Mafia III, Witcher 3.

Spacious Skies now went from the inner line to the outer line on the radar. I would really be interested in it. But I hope the outer line doesn't mean that everything is now extremely delayed.
          Thanks for your suggestions, I'll note them down!

The way the radar works is a mystery to everyone... it has a mind of its own.

Comment

Feral has to convince Bethesda about making a Linux port for any of their games, Bethesda has a history of spitting in the general direction of Linux platform. I don't think they have a single person in their studio that uses it! LOL (from what I heard)

In saying that there is a decent possibility of seeing DOOM for Linux with Vulkan as that would require MUCH less effort!

Comment

A port of Doom would obviously be nice, but id has had a tendency to do ports ether in-house or trough Aspyr and now that they're part of the same company as Bethesda, who is known to act very indifferent towards Linux, I'm not exactly keeping my hopes up for running Doom on Linux without Wine.

What worries me most about Linux gaming right now is how empty Feral's upcoming releases feature is. I do hope that the reason for this is that the companies behind their current projects have in their contracts banned Feral from advertising these games even in a way as cryptic as this and not a genuine lack of projects due to publishers losing interest in Linux with SteamOS failing to gain steam (see what I did there?).

Then again with the Nintendo Switch running on what seems to be a fork of Android using standard OpenGL and Vulkan for graphics APIs, Feral could have a somewhat luxurious console porting market on their hands and console ports may demand greater secrecy than Linux ones (hence the lack of stuff on the upcoming releases feature). Who knows, maybe they've been hired by Bethesda to make that Elder Scrolls: Skyrim port we saw in the announcement video? If the Switch becomes a success we're probably not only going to get better OpenGL and Vulkan implementations in third party engines like UE, CryEngine and Unity, but also more native Linux ports and Linux ports full stop due to developers already doing most of the necessary groundwork for the Switch.

Comment

Rise of the Tomb Raider, please! Also Deus Ex: Human Revolution would be nice before playing Mankind Divided but that's probably not on the table.

Comment

I would be so happy to delete my boot camp for a Mac version of Skyrim: SE. Will not hear me complain if they make a Linux port.

Comment

Everyone would like to see Dirt Rally ported to Linux (as unlikely as it is, due to certain technical reasons...)

Comment

Working...
                    X