Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Radeon Vulkan Code Enables More Driver Features

Phoronix: RADV Radeon Vulkan Code Enables More Driver Features

The RADV Radeon Vulkan driver in Mesa has seen some activity last night to enable more fine-grained features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When RADV manages to run DOOM on Wine, it will be huge, huge milestone.

Comment

geametry shaders works fine with
      Mesa 3D graphics library (mirror; no pull requests here please) - File not found · airlied/mesa

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
        and that is not too far away!

I might have to pick up a copy on the steam sales

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

and that is not too far away!

I might have to pick up a copy on the steam sales
          I believe the saying is - "No Tux No Bux!". That is to say, buying Windows only games inflates that platform and gives the developers the wrong impression so never release Linux ports..

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
            FFS, they should finally release for Linux. Would be great for testing those drivers, too.
            I'm not buying it while it still is on windows only for no reason.

Comment

I think the texture compression stuff is probably the most important stuff (performance wise) if you're running at higher resolutions, correct?

While I would love to see native Doom, having it as another title to test radv (even if on wine) is a good thing.

Comment

Are there any plans for a VulkanFeature.txt file like the Feature.txt for Mesa/OpenGL (see http://www.mesamatrix.net/)?

Comment

Great article, very insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by funfunctor View Post

I believe the saying is - "No Tux No Bux!". That is to say, buying Windows only games inflates that platform and gives the developers the wrong impression so never release Linux ports..
                    as a member of the 1% (os install) club - I am more than happy to apply a work around or two.

Comment

Working...
                    X