Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMandriva Lx 3.01 Brings Stable KDE Plasma On Wayland

Phoronix: OpenMandriva Lx 3.01 Brings Stable KDE Plasma On Wayland

The OpenMandriva developers have timed their Lx 3.01 operating system update release for Christmas...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So in other words: its a "not usable for normal users"-distro

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by lumks View Post
        So in other words: its a "not usable for normal users"-distro
        Not true -- Wayland is completely optional, it just happens to work well for the first time.
        OpenMandriva Lx 3.01 still defaults to using X11 (but that's not news, aside from the fact that it now runs on top of xorg-server 1.19)

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          OpenMandriva Lx 3.01 Brings Stable KDE Plasma On Wayland
          Wonder how they managed to do that, considering that Qt on Wayland is still very buggy.

Comment

It seems like a lot of people on this forum don't know what a "regular user" is.

Comment

I've installed Lx3.01 and it defaults to x11 as expected. Then one would assume that they could log of and login again in a Plasma Wayland session, no? There is no PLasma Wayland session. Did I miss something?

Comment

So where is the Plasma Wayland session selection at? I don't see it on the login screen. Did I miss something.

Comment

Working...
                X