Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMW 0.41 Continues Re-Implementing Elderscrolls III: Morrowind

Phoronix: OpenMW 0.41 Continues Re-Implementing Elderscrolls III: Morrowind

OpenMW 0.41 was released today as the newest version of this open-source game project working to re-implement the game engine found within Elderscrolls III: Morrowind...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I suggest everyone to try this game, it is awesome!
    ## VGA ##
    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

morrowind is very good yes, I'm now playing skyrim on windows steam and it is in many ways (UI, battle, interaction, general feel) inferior to morrowind, but it does have breathtaking graphics

Comment

I remember playing this so many years ago on Windows. It was an awesome experience walking to Balmora through the forest and looking for Caius Cosades by asking people for the way and knocking at doors. Travelling was long and dangerous at least for a new character.

Today: Blinky mapmarker and compass and free teleport. I somehow lost interest in most of the games. Maybe this is one reason?
        Last edited by Kemosabe; 27 December 2016, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Does OpenMV support VR? Personally, I don't play many non-VR games anymore.
          There is a huge number of comments on Morrowind VR on the Oculus forums.

Comment

How close to playable is this engine getting? I own my original copy of the game still, but am curious to try this engine at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Holograph View Post
              How close to playable is this engine getting? I own my original copy of the game still, but am curious to try this engine at some point.
              The main quest is completeable. I've had yet to run into a single bug. On many aspects it's even better than the original engine.

Comment

Unfortunately still no shadows. Makes everything look weirdly floaty without them.

Comment

Working...
                X