Microsoft Continued With Many Linux/Open-Source Announcements In 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Continued With Many Linux/Open-Source Announcements In 2016

Phoronix: Microsoft Continued With Many Linux/Open-Source Announcements In 2016

In 2015 Microsoft made many open-source and Linux related announcements while this calendar year their flow of being more open and acknowledging of Linux continued with even more announcements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo;

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    SQL Server for Linux, opem-sourcing more of their code-bases,

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo;
      Fixed, thanks.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I would like to see video calls on Skype for Linux.

Also real version of Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio for Linux, not the VS Code one.

Also I would like to see VS Code, .NET Core and their other releases available in the Debian and Fedora repositories.

Comment

I would like to see Windows just read an ext volume without me jumping through hoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            corporatism and capitalism market dynamics they are forced by share holder value responsibility to act like they did in the past.
            Until it's more profitable to act differently.

Today value is less created by programs, more by services.
            MS technological debt is huge and they pay the high price to maintain their programs and platforms compared to competitors like Google or Amazon. They try to reduce this cost by using open source more and more, while locking customers with services rather than programs, that become more interoperable. Edge is standard-compliant, Windows Media Player reads MKV and Flac etc. It's just not the point anymore.

Comment

I'd like to see them stop with their BS software patent attacks against Linux.

Comment

I admit it makes it temping to actually buy a PS4 after owning 4 PS4 controllers for my Linux Steam Box. I still couldn't seriously justify it though, I don't want to be locked in the zoo while getting jabbed for cash and then ask for them to transfer my paid digital content only to get the console make to reply:

Comment

It would be news when they will announce Windows 10 source code release.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_documents

never forget who is the enemy.... and never forget the enemy can not change into a friend because corporatism and capitalism market dynamics they are forced by share holder value responsibility to act like they did in the past.
                    and nothing can change that.

do not give a multiple proven murderer a 3. chance after they already messed up the second chance.
                    Oh, how I missed you, Q!

Comment

Working...
                    X