Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marek Publishes RadeonSI Patches To Help Witcher 2 On Linux

Phoronix: Marek Publishes RadeonSI Patches To Help Witcher 2 On Linux

In addition to working on sharply improving the performance of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided when using the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver, Marek Olšák has published some patches for improving The Witcher 2 with the open-source AMD driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So this today and the Deus Ex stuff yesterday, but what did Marek do on January 1st this year? He's so lazy!

Comment

I hope the Mesa folks improve the Saints Row situation soon

Comment

I personally would like to see radeonSI stop locking up during Rocket League.

But regardless, improvements like this are always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          I personally would like to see radeonSI stop locking up during Rocket League.

But regardless, improvements like this are always welcome.
          I have the same issue, when I start a game there are 1-8 second lag at 0 FPS and then after a minuet or so it works just fine.

It's mostly a problem when I'm doing 4 player on Dual Shock 4 controllers with friends.

Comment

Developers developers developers dev...

Comment

So we will see, what this fixed "black transition" problem I've seen since mesa 10.x, So this is amazing news thanks for Marek O.
              And thanks for phoronix

Comment

Originally posted by AdamOne View Post
                Developers developers developers dev...
                You actually mean - Marek, Marek, Marek...

Good anyway if that render fine now, i guess fix will be part of mesa release on third anniversary of port release and another third anniversary of game release for Windows - which makes 6 years in whole and one year of W3, etc.. not trying to be sarcastic, just to note how times fly
                Last edited by dungeon; 03 January 2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ernstp View Post
                  So this today and the Deus Ex stuff yesterday, but what did Marek do on January 1st this year? He's so lazy!
                  I think he had some pizza and chilled
                  I think he need some time off but he seems to like working on mesa.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

You actually mean - Marek, Marek, Marek...

Good anyway if that render fine now, i guess fix will be part of mesa release on third anniversary of port release and another third anniversary of game release for Windows - which makes 6 years in whole and one year of W3, etc.. not trying to be sarcastic, just to note how times fly
                    Not fine at all, but it works now much better than before.. you can enjoy this game again
                    Last edited by frosth; 03 January 2017, 08:45 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                    X