Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How AMD Kaveri's Graphics Performance Has Evolved Under Linux

Phoronix: How AMD Kaveri's Graphics Performance Has Evolved Under Linux

As mentioned earlier when posting some fresh AMD Kaveri vs. Intel Linux graphics benchmarks, I have some fresh AMD A10-7850K "Kaveri" APU numbers with running the latest Ubuntu 16.10 + Linux 4.10 + Mesa 13.1-dev stack on many of my benchmarking systems in the basement server room. With having an A10-7850K Kaveri system running with the latest Linux open-source driver code, I figured I'd compare it to some of my older Kaveri results.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

could you please test real games that are popular instead of some OS games that no one plays like DOTA 2 TF2 CSGO etc and also if possible include soem AAA games as whell?

Comment

Originally posted by master_andreas View Post
      could you please test real games that are popular instead of some OS games that no one plays like DOTA 2 TF2 CSGO etc and also if possible include soem AAA games as whell?
      Yeah nobody plays those games!

Can't decide if intentionally trolling for laughs or actually that stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by master_andreas View Post
        Unigine tests are more demanding than the games you mentioned.

Comment

Why not both? CS:GO is also something I would like to see more.

I really like mesa and the AMD drivers are working really well, but CS:GO is simply not playable in competitive mode with it and this makes me sad
          If that would get more coverage this would probably change.

Windows: Every graphic option at "High" gives me 200 to 300fps.
          Linux: It doesn't matter what setting I use (High, Low, Mid, ...) I get always the same 30 to 70fps with single core rendering or 30 to 90fps+stuttering with multi core rendering.

There's obviously something wrong. And <60fps is not acceptable in competitive gameplay. And 30fps means it is at 10% of windows performance!!!111

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post

Yeah nobody plays those games!

Can't decide if intentionally trolling for laughs or actually that stupid.
            It is just lack of punctuation on right place, if he did this you will understand it better i guess

Could you please test real games that are popular, instead of some OS games that no one plays?

DOTA2, TF2, CS:GO, etc. and also if possible include some AAA games as well.
            Last edited by dungeon; 06 January 2017, 06:34 PM.

Comment

BTW, fglrx is still the best for these APUs

Comment

For an APU the RAM speed is important. I cannot find any information on this, even following the 2 links to the openbenchmark.org entries. Sorry if I missed it, but what was the speed on the latest test run with Kernel 4.10?

Looking to the details, I noticed that the scaling governor for the 4.10 is ondemand. I remember that there was work on it, so was it intentionally no longer be set to performance to avoid a performance drop you previously got with the ondemand setting?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                  Cs go is so yesterday, Rocket League is played at pro level now.
                  Yup, Rocket League is generaly very popular, but not exactly top on steam like elsewhere ... just to mention, it is best selling title for PlayStation 4 in year 2016. topping the chart in both Europe and North America, etc...
                  Last edited by dungeon; 08 January 2017, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                    Cs go is so yesterday, Rocket League is played at pro level now. My teenager has several windows games that do not work at all with Debian, my teenager finds several other games from the Linux world like insurgency if you are for shooting. We do not use windows virus hoover at all, my teenager says no if suggest to install win10 as dual boot.
                    I play both CS:GO and Rocket League

But Rocket League is worse (not playable even in non competitive modes), so not really an alternative

Comment

Working...
                    X