Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental KDE Plasma Neon Wayland ISO Spin

Phoronix: Experimental KDE Plasma Neon Wayland ISO Spin

Jonathan Riddell has released a new KDE Plasma Wayland ISO for those wishing to try the latest KDE development packages atop Wayland rather than the X.Org Server...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does KDE have a frequently maintained todo list for Wayland? I have seen one in the past but I haven't been able to find one with a fixed link and is up-to-date.
    I give Wayland a try every other KDE release. It seems to be steadily improving but I'd rather see what was accomplished and what else there is to do rather than blindly testing it out hoping something works the way I expect it to.

Comment

Griffin
      I would rip more hair out using Gnome than I would using X11 with KDE. Nothing against Gnome, it's a great UI, but it's not my cup of tea.

Comment

on plasma 5.8 it even doesnt let me change the resolution and the menu was too big, it's still lacking many important features

Comment

Hm, Neon just announced Docker images to try their stuff, but there doesn't seem to be one for this KDE+Wayland thing. At least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
            Here you go.

1) Wait for Gnome to clear the way.
            2) Claim progress because of a non-tested Neon image that try to shoehorn Wayland into a Mir-based distro.
            3) Leave Kwin unfixed with 90s style SSD.
            4) Claim parity.
            @1 GNOME did a pretty good job, that I can confirm, not my style of UI though. I'm not a Mac person.
            @2 It is targeted at people who for some reason want to easily keep track of git-unstable branch. Since when is Kubuntu using Mir ?
            @3 I wouldn't call CSD a big success. It just introduces more inconsistency to non GNOME setups.
            @4 Yeah, whatever. Not sure if you are trolling or something.

KDE/plasma devs are not hiding problems: https://community.kde.org/Plasma/5.8_Errata#Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
              Not sure if you are trolling or something.
              Griffin is a well-known GNOME.. uhm.. supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffin View Post
                Yeah like Schrödinger's UI. Gnome is too simple but built with too powerful CSD
                Sounds like stuff written by dungeon. Hard to understand if you are not him, but seems like it is saying something intelligent and like it is supposed to be funny. Smileys for added fun.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                  on plasma 5.8 it even doesnt let me change the resolution
                  Uhuh. Sure.
                  and the menu was too big,
                  If only they got around to implementing that feature that lets you change font sizes. Better yet, they could add different menus that you could choose from.
                  it's still lacking many important features
                  Do you have a specific list?

/s (if it wasn't obvious enough)

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    Uhuh. Sure.

If only they got around to implementing that feature that lets you change font sizes. Better yet, they could add different menus that you could choose from.

Do you have a specific list?

/s (if it wasn't obvious enough)
                    Are you aware than Im talking about plasma 5 on wayland?

Comment

Working...
                    X