Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gamers: What Linux Games Still Don't Work For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI Gamers: What Linux Games Still Don't Work For You?

Phoronix: RadeonSI Gamers: What Linux Games Still Don't Work For You?

Valve appears to be ramping up their open-source AMD Linux graphics driver work, but they are looking for more Linux games that currently don't work atop the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Dying Light

Comment

DOOM doesn't work for me using RX 480 + AMDGPU (mesa) + RADV. I get a green screen, but at least the game launches... I actually reported that in wine, but it turned out to be RADV's fault:

Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

Mesa 3D graphics library (mirror; no pull requests here please) - GitHub - airlied/mesa at radv-wip-doom-wine

I wish they pay more attention to this, because the game is pretty wanted since Christmas...

Comment

Stellaris has some graphical bugs on intel and radeon. Specifically they don't show the colored empire borders.
        Last edited by petete; 09 January 2017, 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

DOOM doesn't work on RX 480 + AMDGPU (mesa) + RADV. I actually reported this in wine, but it turned out to be a RADV problem:

Open Source Software for running Windows applications on other operating systems.

Mesa 3D graphics library (mirror; no pull requests here please) - GitHub - airlied/mesa at radv-wip-doom-wine

I wish they pay more attention to this, because the game pretty wanted since Christmas.

Comment

Right now just about everything I play runs flawlessly on my R9 290 with radeonSI... except Rocket League. There is already a bug report on this:

In summary, the game will freeze for several seconds at a time as it is loading in resources. It will do this after every match and every time you load any menu. The game, to my knowledge, is based on the Unreal 3 engine. amdgpu-pro and fglrx are, according to others, not affected by the bug.
            Last edited by schmidtbag; 09 January 2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Grrrrrr, this Unapproved crap is very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by smirky View Post
                Grrrrrr, this Unapproved crap is very annoying.
                It happens until you have 5 approved posts, in order to reduce spam bots from registering and posting junk. Welcome!
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I have a 7950, and these are the problems with games I have currently (On Arch with Mesa 13.0.3):

Cities: Skylines: During night, all light sources (cars and street lights) show a glowing hexagonal shape around them.

Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-alpha (11/11/2016 0.1.6): When changing character models in player options, graphics freezes completely for a while, then displays static with a flickering box on it and either the kernel panics (from radeonsi) or X restarts after a while. Also some textures are completely black every now and then but I don't know whether that has anything to do with radeonsi.

Rust: Character shows up as bright blue, tree trunks are green and foliage is pink.

Tropico 5: Requires a workaround to not start with a black screen
                  (Have to put this to launch options: MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.0 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=400 %command%)

Comment

XCOM 2 has been off and on for me day by day on the Mesa Git drivers. I'm rocking an RX 480.

Comment

Working...
                    X