Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Soft RAID's MDADM 4.0 Utility Released

Phoronix: Linux Soft RAID's MDADM 4.0 Utility Released

Version 4.0 of mdadm is out, the tool for managing MD "Soft RAID" on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Arch Wiki has a great writeup on how to setup raid using MDADM it is seems pretty straight forward. Is there any performance/ease of use/brownie points about using say another type of soft raid like BTRFS vs MDADM? I have no experience with either.

Comment

I'd rather use zfsonlinux or Btrfs for software RAID (be careful with RAID 5 6 when using Btrfs though).

Comment

Mdadm been great for me at home and small servers for ten years or so. Haven't tried anything else. Just mirror.

Comment

Likewise mdadm has been great for me in RAID-5/6 scenarios for home servers. Of course it will take some of the CPU to deal with the calculations, instead of offloading to dedicated hardware, but being able to move from system to system without relying on specific controllers has definitely been nice. I never tried BTRFS or the likes though. Also looks nice, but I don't wanna change, just for the sake of changing

Comment

Working...
          X