Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synfig Studio 1.2 Released With New Render Engine

Phoronix: Synfig Studio 1.2 Released With New Render Engine

A big update to Synfig is now available, an open-source 2D animation software package for Linux / Windows / macOS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there still a place for 2D-only animation apps?

Comment

Originally posted by ldo17 View Post
      Is there still a place for 2D-only animation apps?
      Do kids shows still have 2D cartoons?

Comment

Nice to see synfig updates. Last time I screwed with it, it did funny stuff to my SVG from inkscape... the way I cut holes in an object for eyes or something screwed with the import to synfig. I will have to try this again now.

I think one of my favorite 2D animations done relatively recently is for folding@home

Help Stanford University scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, Parkinson's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer ...

Comment

Is there still place to Synfig after Toonz source was opened?
          Opentonnz is so much more powerful.
          I understand, it's hard to detach yourself and close a project, but now, investing in Synfig is like the now forgotten 3D modelers when Blender open sourced.

Comment

Its AppImage (64 bits) doesn't work on Fedora 25. It complains about missing libbz2.so

Comment

Originally posted by tiwake View Post
              Nice to see synfig updates. Last time I screwed with it, it did funny stuff to my SVG from inkscape... the way I cut holes in an object for eyes or something screwed with the import to synfig. I will have to try this again now.

I think one of my favorite 2D animations done relatively recently is for folding@home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sJx9z1uB9k
              Their changelog says they fixed an interoperability issue with Inkscape generated files.
              Maybe that fixed your issue too.
              https://morevnaproject.org/2017/01/1...-2-0-released/
              Fixed issues with loading sif files generated by Inkscape (bug #883).

Comment

It's an amazing project. I'd really want to see 2D rigging in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post

Do kids shows still have 2D cartoons?
                  2D+, or 2D-only?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
                    I'd really want to see 2D rigging in the long term.
                    Then it’s trying to move into Blender territory.

Comment

Working...
                    X