KDE Plasma 5.9 Beta Released, Adds Global Menus & Better Wayland Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.9 Beta Released, Adds Global Menus & Better Wayland Support

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.9 Beta Released, Adds Global Menus & Better Wayland Support

The first beta release of the upcoming Plasma 5.9 is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will it make it into Debian testing, or no because of the freeze?

Comment

Wow! The number of features in this release is huge! Kudos to the KDE team!

Comment

Is it just me who thinks that if they made the Menu's buttons vertical instead of horizontal, it would be way better?

Comment

Global menus are back in KDE? Looks like I'll have to give this a shot. I switched to Gnome 3 from unity for the polish and grid plugin but I miss having a real global menu every day.

Comment

If only KDE was available on a decent distro.. as a primary target, not an afterthought.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
              If only KDE was available on a decent distro.. as a primary target, not an afterthought.
              KDE neon and KaOS are not decent?? They both target kde as main platform and are doing quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post

KDE neon and KaOS are not decent?? They both target kde as main platform and are doing quite nice.
                Neon is supposed to be a showcase OS, not something I can put on a dev machine. it is also Ubuntu based (ugh). KaOS? First time heared about it which is not a good sign.

I guess OpenSUSE is the closest thing to what I'd consider decent KDE distro. Fedora would be perfect but they half bake the KDE spin.

Comment

Call KDE bloated or anything you want, they're still leading in functionality and customization capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post

When I tried Neon a few months back, it broke all over the place because of upgraded Qt but unupdated apps from Ubuntu repos. Especially if you dared install anything not installed by default.

Comment

Working...
                    X