Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXQt Spin Proposed For Fedora 26

Phoronix: LXQt Spin Proposed For Fedora 26

A new spin/flavor has been proposed for Fedora 26, one integrating the LXQt desktop environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm not quite sure how they're independent, LXQt is the result of the merger of LXDE and Razor-qt. Meaning the former will live on while the latter 2 will cease to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      I'm not quite sure how they're independent, LXQt is the result of the merger of LXDE and Razor-qt. Meaning the former will live on while the latter 2 will cease to exist.
      It's right there is the article: "LXDE spin will exist until its maintainer will stop it".

Comment

This is great! I use LXQt and development really slowed down in the last year. While LXDE components are still receiving new features. It's not really going in the right direction for LXQt. The Fedora spin might bring more attention to the LXQt project, which hopefully fuels development.

Comment

It slowed down a bit, yes. But what new features are you referring to in LXDE?!?! Some components have been updated, but not major new features AFAIK...

LXQT, on the other hand, has received a few new features, a search field on the menu, for example, is a very welcome addition that i do not see in LXDE. It's actually one of those features i don't know how one can live without.

They should update more often but that as well is also planed by the developers!!!

LXQt is, IMHO already superior to LXDE! Still more people/more distro spins are surely welcome!!!

Comment

Good! I just switched to it on my single core Atom Netbook and so far it's flying over it. It seems that Qt has become the better performer for suboptimal hardware in comparison to GTK... Hope GTK4 will be able to address the situation.

Anyway, good thing for LxQt because it's still missing many small useful tools for which i have to rely on GTK apps, maybe this decision from Fedora will push development a bit into this direction.

​​​​​​

Comment

I would appreciate Deepin spin but with GTK apps instead.

Comment

Working...
              X