Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle Finally Confirms It's Canning Solaris 12

Phoronix: Oracle Finally Confirms It's Canning Solaris 12

At the beginning of December there were rumors of Oracle canning Solaris and now that's finally been confirmed by Oracle more or less as they will not be delivering Solaris 12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oracle has killed pretty much everything they acquired from Sun. MySQL, Solaris, Netbeans, OpenOffice. And Java isn't in great shape these days either. Pathetic. I wish IBM would have bought Sun.

Comment

Gpl zfs pleeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think that the world would be better without this corporate hell OS, HP UX is dying too, i hope that AIX would die too.

Comment

Larry 'Liar' Ellison. Thanks for killing this crap, but too bad you didn't want to admit what you're going to do.

Comment

Ah Slowaris. I still remember it running on the pizza box Sun 5's back in the day... damn was I happy that Linux ran 5x faster on my Pentium system that cost less than the metallic mousepads Sun required you to use.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
              I think that the world would be better without this corporate hell OS, HP UX is dying too, i hope that AIX would die too.
              Heh. I had that thought too. In 2001. Will we ever see any of them actually die? It will be interesting to see!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
                Ah Slowaris. I still remember it running on the pizza box Sun 5's back in the day... damn was I happy that Linux ran 5x faster on my Pentium system that cost less than the metallic mousepads Sun required you to use.
                First (only?) laser-mouse I ever used was one of those Sun 3-button laser mouses on that metallic grid mousepad. Expensive and slow pizza boxes, but man, their stuff was built solid and to last. That laser-mouse-pizza-box system I used was over 10 years old at the time. Felt like it was made of solid lead. SO HEAVY.

Comment

Originally posted by CleanCut View Post

First (only?) laser-mouse I ever used was one of those Sun 3-button laser mouses on that metallic grid mousepad. Expensive and slow pizza boxes, but man, their stuff was built solid and to last. That laser-mouse-pizza-box system I used was over 10 years old at the time. Felt like it was made of solid lead. SO HEAVY.
                  Enterprise grade computers tend to be like that. I remember carrying a couple Lenovo desktops (build circa 2008ish) and thinking that they put lead on those things. They were SFF chassis but they weighted almost the same as my full ATX tower stuffed with hardware.

Comment

> Heh. I had that thought too. In 2001. Will we eversee any of them actually die? It will be interesting to see!

They may not be dead, bit they are sure all on artificial lite support :-p just like Windows phone :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X