Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libvirt 3.0 Released With Various Improvements

Phoronix: Libvirt 3.0 Released With Various Improvements

The libvirt virtualization API saw a major 3.0 release this week to succeed its earlier v2.5 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Various new APIs aroung storage and vCPUs.

Comment

I really think libvirt needs some support for docker, if they want to be the universal solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
        I really think libvirt needs some support for docker, if they want to be the universal solution.
        Docker. Hehe. When it stabalises ... and don't hold your breath. How much abstraction do you need anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Docker. Hehe. When it stabalises ... and don't hold your breath. How much abstraction do you need anyway?
          I'm with you on this one even though I use and like Docker.

I can see how it is appealing to have one "thing" that manages everything, but at the moment Docker focuses on different audience than the typical virtualisation software that is supported by libvirt. Docker is popular on the "application level" and used by many many developers. Libvirt (in my experience) is focused on operations level. I would also like docker support, but I think that it's better to keep it apart for now.

Another reason, libvirt will have a lot of admin and support on all the different platforms. Currently libvirt works well on many platforms, Docker (and Docker community) on the other hand claims that it runs "anywhere". You will burn your fingers if you try to run Docker anywhere at this point in time.

Comment

Working...
          X