No announcement yet.

IORTCW Continues Letting Return to Castle Wolfenstein Live On As Open-Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IORTCW Continues Letting Return to Castle Wolfenstein Live On As Open-Source

Phoronix: IORTCW Continues Letting Return to Castle Wolfenstein Live On As Open-Source

For those looking to relive some old gaming moments this weekend, the iortcw project continues to be developed as the open-source code-base around Return to Castle Wolfenstein...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One of those radeon DRI3-buggy

Comment

The day I first saw the flamethrower effects.....
      Hi

Comment

It now supports XDG base directory spec.

Comment

Funny to think of RTCW as old classic gaming. I bought the original Wolfenstein 3D from Apogee/id back in 1993. Played it (and Doom) for way too many hours on my 486 DX 33 Mhz. RTCW seems modern to me, lol.

Comment

RTCW is still better than many other modern games IMHO. One of the most beautiful games ever.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Exactly. It was beautiful in its simplicity. It played well the maps were fun, varied, and not too confining like the usual arena's of the times. Even DoD couldn't quite get it (where was the flamethrower!)
              Hi

Comment

Working...
              X