Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 2.0-RC6 Brings More D3D11 Patches

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 2.0-RC6 Brings More D3D11 Patches

Wine 2.0-RC6 was released on Friday as likely what's the final release candidate ahead of the stable Wine 2.0.0 debut. Shipping today is the Wine-Staging update re-based off this latest development release while also pulling in some new patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there some kind of TODO or progress list for wine d3d11? There are always improvements every month, but how much is left for a) usable and b) complete? I know mostly it needs SM5. But what is the progress on that? This would really help the users and developers.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenByte View Post
      Is there some kind of TODO or progress list for wine d3d11? There are always improvements every month, but how much is left for a) usable and b) complete? I know mostly it needs SM5. But what is the progress on that? This would really help the users and developers.
      There's a table of progression at winehq per API:

I've seen something else about tracking DX11 but I forgot where/what.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenByte View Post
        According to Wine API stats:

d3d11 - 9% implemented
        d3dx11_42 - 15% implemented
        d3dx11_43 - 27% implemented

Still lots of work left it appears. Meanwhile games are starting to embrace DirectX 12. At least Windows Vulkan support is in decent shape in Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

According to Wine API stats:

d3d11 - 9% implemented
          d3dx11_42 - 15% implemented
          d3dx11_43 - 27% implemented

Still lots of work left it appears. Meanwhile games are starting to embrace DirectX 12. At least Windows Vulkan support is in decent shape in Wine.
          Good to know there is at least something that shows all of the stuff. But yes, DirectX 12 is starting to be used almost everywhere and then there is UWP, which seems to be very different from Win32, though still with access to Win32 stuff. The good thing about the latter is that it should not be a mess unlike the rest of windows.

Comment

In this wine staging version thanks to deferred context rendering emulation some titles case shantae pirates curse and mighty switch force hyper drive edition begin works

CSMT is Disable in Test

Last edited by pinguinpc; 23 January 2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X