Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core i3 7100 Kabylake Linux Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Core i3 7100 Kabylake Linux Benchmarks

Last week I began delivering Linux Kabylake benchmarks with the Core i5 7600K while this week I finally am set to receive the Core i7 7700K. But for those curious how Kabylake is looking on the low-end, I picked up a Core i3 7100 as currently the cheapest Kabylake desktop processor. Here are some initial Linux benchmarks of this Core i3 processor on Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It is difficult to tell from these results if this cpu also suffers from the inefficiency of pstate for kaby lake. Comparing to relatively old i5 cpu's doesn't really help because they don't share the AVX2 extension set.

Comment

you should have included one or more single core tests
      also congratulations for 40000 posts

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
        you should have included one or more single core tests
        also congratulations for 40000 posts
        As said a few times in that article, more tests are on the way.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The most interesting is to see the 4 years old FX-8350 having the same performance than the new Core i5-7500.

Comment

Yeah I can't say the performance is very impressive, graphics maybe good but general... hmm.

Comment

Michael,

There is something strange with the results. For example i5-2400s is always better than i5-3470. But based on their specs 3470 should be better.

Comment

Michael

Good test but try test i3 7350K at 5.0Ghz and others said add some single thread tests

If you can try add Pentium G3258 OC at 4.0ghz in tests

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
                  The most interesting is to see the 4 years old FX-8350 having the same performance than the new Core i5-7500.
                  I was thinking about building a new main machine this year... but ugh, so hard to justify it looking at performance comparisons like this. I guess my main 6 year old sandybridge era machine is still good for a few more years. I sure got my money's worth out of it, that's for sure.

Comment

Why would anyone on earth buy a 2500k without overclocking it? I'd say the comparison with only stock clocked CPUs doesn't make any sense at all. You could still buy a 2500k for 70 €, overclock it to 4 GHz and in any multithreading case you'll be much faster.

Comment

Working...
                    X