Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 17.04 Spins Do Their Lone Alpha Release

Phoronix: Ubuntu 17.04 Spins Do Their Lone Alpha Release

After last month's planned Ubuntu 17.04 Alpha 1 release for opt-in flavors didn't happen, the Zesty Alpha 2 debut happened today as what is now the only alpha release for the upcoming Zesty Zapus...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu GNOME has flatpak installed by default?

Incoming packaging wars?

Comment

Flatpak across multiple Linux isn't going to fly at most places that require real patch-able zero day security if you have ever worked with large app teams before. Zero excitement here at this point. More like a gimmick in my eyes right now than a enterprise solution at most facilities.

Comment

Just to add** Some cool desktop uses though, but still underwhelmed.

Comment

So...

What about Unity 8? They are still planning to use it as default desktop?

Comment

I just wish they'll finally ship LXQt instead of LXDE........ I think it will be good for the project

Comment

Originally posted by Mavman View Post
              I just wish they'll finally ship LXQt instead of LXDE........ I think it will be good for the project
              It still isn't feature complete yet. Basic settings (like keyboard shortcuts) are missing from PCManFM, you can't even easily make application icons on the desktop. Even windows 98 could do that. Unless they start implementing stuff, the day of the switching will be the day I stop using Lubuntu and LX** on other distros.

Comment

I can't recall details about keyboard shortcuts, but desktop icons I don't remember having any issue to create them on openSUSE...

I'm pretty happy with LXQt, to speak the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

In the Debian testing netinstaller you can choose what desktops to use. If lxqt is not listed, you can install some other light desktop or without a desktop and then install latest lxqt from sid:

Use a rolling release distribution and Debian testing is one.
                  https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
                  Ok. That's good. But having it available by default is a lot better!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X