Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Patches Begin Lining Up For Linux 4.11 Kernel

Phoronix: Nouveau Patches Begin Lining Up For Linux 4.11 Kernel

Ben Skeggs at Red Hat has begun aligning the latest Nouveau DRM patches that in turn will be submitted to DRM-Next for the Linux 4.11 kernel merge window...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

why is it infeasible to extract the firmware from proprietary driver as an interim solution for peple with those more up to date 10xx nvidia cards?

Comment

It is possible but the more recent drivers that include the pascal stuff changed the way the firmware is loaded and the developers had better things to do than hunt this down.

Comment

but if nvidia someday maybe releases the firmware, they will have to figure out the loading mechanism anyway, i guess. i doubt they will get help from company on that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          but if nvidia someday maybe releases the firmware, they will have to figure out the loading mechanism anyway, i guess. i doubt they will get help from company on that.
          It is the few contributions that Nvidia developers do to nouveau, the patches that implements the loading mechanism

Comment

Working...
          X