Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulkan Slides Now Available From Khronos' Vancouver Event

Phoronix: Vulkan Slides Now Available From Khronos' Vancouver Event

Yesterday The Khronos Group hosted a one-day workshop in Vancouver, Canada with all things Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'd love to see more companies using Vulkan (since there are like 4 games using it) considering that supporters have put so much effort in talking about it and advocating it online and in events. Drivers are in a good state (at least on the Nvidia side) in GNU/Linux, so let's see more support!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tegs View Post
      I'd love to see more companies using Vulkan (since there are like 4 games using it) considering that supporters have put so much effort in talking about it and advocating it online and in events. Drivers are in a good state (at least on the Nvidia side) in GNU/Linux, so let's see more support!!!
      Only if Microsoft stops promoting DirectX 12 to companies, Apple drops Metal, and/or adopts Vulkan...

Comment

Unapproved? How, if I have more than 5 posts and I never insult?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Only if Microsoft stops promoting DirectX 12 to companies, Apple drops Metal, and/or adopts Vulkan...
          Should be taken care of now, sorry about that. Sometimes the forum software still seems to like to make its own sporadic decisions and put stuff in the mod queue, but at least it's much less than before.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Microsoft can promote all they want, but it is up to the developers to be willing to make the leap. Its just that they are so used to the DirectX ecosystem and Vulkan is probably too difficult for them.

Comment

Originally posted by tegs View Post
              There is a lot of underestimated inertia in this industry. Give it some time.

Comment

Working...
              X