Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 5.3 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

Phoronix: LibreOffice 5.3 Released With A Plethora Of Improvements

LibreOffice 5.3.0 is now officially available as the latest major update to this cross-platform, open-source office suite forked from OpenOffice.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

can i select a column now and search only the selected range isntead of the whole sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
      can i select a column now and search only the selected range isntead of the whole sheet.
      You can do this in 5.2 (didn't try previous versions).. Also if you think it is a bug/regression/missing feature, then report it in LO bugtracker, not on random forums on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

You can do this in 5.2 (didn't try previous versions).. Also if you think it is a bug/regression/missing feature, then report it in LO bugtracker, not on random forums on the internet.
        just downloaded 5.3 and no you cant. also ctrl+f doesnt open a dialog(anymore) but a toolbar at the bottom (nice for quick text editing but not searching a sheet). I have to press another button on that toolbar to get a "search and replace" dialog then i have to find the correct checkmark to tick to search only selection and then i have to find the correct button to press to search instead of replace. Talk about inconventient workflow. The default behavior of crtl+f should be to search only the selection in the first place.

Comment

just downloaded 5.3 and no you cant. also ctrl+f doesnt open a dialog(anymore) but a toolbar at the bottom (nice for quick text editing but not searching a sheet). I have to press another button on that toolbar to get a "search and replace" dialog then i have to find the correct checkmark to tick to search only selection and then i have to find the correct button to press to search instead of replace. Talk about inconventient workflow. The default behavior of crtl+f should be to search only the selection in the first place.
          So in other words, you CAN do it after all - it is just inconvenient.. Anyway, as I said.

Comment

Originally posted by quikee View Post

So in other words, you CAN do it after all - it is just inconvenient.. Anyway, as I said.
            no. no you cant.

Comment

also ctrl+f doesnt open a dialog(anymore) but a toolbar at the bottom
              I'm an abiword user myself, but isn't Find & Replace dialog Ctrl+H ?
              Also, very relevant: https://xkcd.com/1172/

Comment

The only useful page: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.3

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

I'm an abiword user myself, but isn't Find & Replace dialog Ctrl+H ?
                  Also, very relevant: https://xkcd.com/1172/
                  Not relevant at all. when i press ctrl+f i want to search and i want search options. I dont want to press cTRL+h for search AND REPLACE and then finding the correct button among 20 buttons.

Comment

Not relevant at all. when i press ctrl+f i want to search and i want search options. I dont want to press cTRL+h for search AND REPLACE and then finding the correct button among 20 buttons.
                    Every program in existence uses the Ctrl + H combination for search and replace. There's no need to find a correct button unless you're a complete computer noob. Ctrl + F will always be reserved for searching, not replacing.

Comment

Working...
                    X