Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCL With An Intel Celeron: HD Graphics 610 / Kabylake GT1

Phoronix: OpenCL With An Intel Celeron: HD Graphics 610 / Kabylake GT1

Yesterday I published Linux benchmarks of the Celeron G3930, Intel's lowest-end Celeron CPU at the moment in the Kabylake family. This CPU goes for about $40 USD and you get a dual-core 2.9GHz processor with HD Graphics 610 (GT1). I had published a few OpenGL benchmarks in that review while for this article are some OpenCL compute numbers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

50% of the performance for 11% of the price. (compared to the i7)

Considering it only has 2 cores/2 threads and the i7 has 4 cores and 8 threads, I would say the little Celery outdoes itself.

If it scales in a linear fashion, it would be interesting to see how many of Celery's it would take to over come an i7.

An interesting exercise in compute arbitrage.

Comment

If you ask me the numbers suck! I'd like to how these OpenCL numbers stack up against AMD APU's.

Comment

This might be a dumb question, but, if so, is still like to know: are these opencl kernels running on both the cpu and gpu, or only the gpu? If the later, could you, Michael, test at least one of the processors where it targets the cpu in particular? That would seem, to me, to tell us how good the gpu really is at compute.
        Ideally, I'd love to see some opencl transcoding benchmarks included when you run these tests.

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
          This might be a dumb question, but, if so, is still like to know: are these opencl kernels running on both the cpu and gpu, or only the gpu?
          Only GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
            Only GPU.
            Thanks, rnm.

Comment

Working...
            X