Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Become Much Easier To Run Steam On FreeBSD-Derived TrueOS

Phoronix: It's Become Much Easier To Run Steam On FreeBSD-Derived TrueOS

There have been ways to get Steam running on FreeBSD using Wine and efforts as well with using the operating system's Linux binary compatibility layer, but now it's become much easier for users of TrueOS, formerly known as PC-BSD...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Steam on Wine basically which has been working... nothing to see here. PlayOnBSD progress is good to see though, as it means that the PlayOn* rewrite is going well, which should hopefully improve their wine management in general.

Comment

Exactly how well is this working, and for which games?

Last time I checked, around August last year, the compatibility was limited to less than a handful of Valve titles. Counterstrike and two or three other titles, if I remember correctly. That was all that actually worked, and you didn't get any sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Beherit View Post
        Exactly how well is this working, and for which games?

Last time I checked, around August last year, the compatibility was limited to less than a handful of Valve titles. Counterstrike and two or three other titles, if I remember correctly. That was all that actually worked, and you didn't get any sound.
        This is Steam on Wine, not Steam on Linux on FreeBSD

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

This is Steam on Wine, not Steam on Linux on FreeBSD
          My apologies, I read it a bit too quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X