Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's Progress In 2017 For Running macOS Binaries On Linux

Phoronix: There's Progress In 2017 For Running macOS Binaries On Linux

Five years ago we wrote about a project to run Mac OS X binaries on Linux, for what Wine is for allowing Windows programs on Linux/macOS/etc, Darling wants to let Mac binaries run under Linux. It's been a while since last having anything to report on for the project, but they are making new progress in 2017...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did try it last year to run the say command as we need to use the exact same voices that we already use. Unfortunately some of the necessary framework stuff is missing. It was able to show the help text though.

Comment

This is still one of the most exciting project in my opinion.

Comment

I would love to see Adobe Tools and Final Cut on Linux.

I wonder how much easier it would be than wine to do.

Comment

I wonder if they might be able to work together with the GNUstep project? Because they already follow Apple's Cocoa design and a few of their apps are ported Mac apps.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
            I wonder if they might be able to work together with the GNUstep project? Because they already follow Apple's Cocoa design and a few of their apps are ported Mac apps.
            Yes, we are working together.

Comment

Smart move to get adobe working easier on linux.

Comment

Originally posted by LubosD View Post

Yes, we are working together.
                That's great to hear! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                X