Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feral Interactive Releasing HITMAN For Linux This Month

Phoronix: Feral Interactive Releasing HITMAN For Linux This Month

Civilization VI and DiRT Rally were recent AAA Linux game announcements and now HITMAN is the latest game receiving a confirmed Linux game port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Am i the only one who expected to see penguin in the trailer..?

Comment

That was expected. Now, will this be their first Vulkan port? If not, I'm not dying because of it. Hitman looks like one of those games were the low level API bring nothing in terms of performance. But it would be nice to have another big title in Vulkan to test drivers against.

Comment

They say on twitter it's OpenGL. Not so surprising as I recall this being in development for a good while now.

Comment

Yeah. I asked on Facebook and they confirmed OpenGL. But since they are working on Metal for Apple users and Vulkan ports later in the year... They may update Hitman with Vulkan support when its ready.

In theory it should be relatively easy to bring DX12 titles to Vulkan since they're similar. But we will have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            Hitman looks like one of those games were the low level API bring nothing in terms of performance.
            It's very situational right now. Shifting from DX11 to DX12 has been shown to give 80%+ frame rate improvements on AMD graphics cards paired with CPUs with poor single-threaded performance - AMD FX 8xxx series or Nehalem, for example.

Comment

Square-Enix sure are bringing their big guns to Linux, but now we are only getting the non-japanese titles. Why? I'm personally not a fan of JRPGs, but it will be very nice if they start to bring the Final Fantasy franchise to our side.

Comment

Final Fantasy games on Linux? Shut up and take my money!

Comment

I wanted to say "Will you be my Vulkan?" but oh, maybe next time.

Comment

Today I'm really surprised. Hitman is an amazing AAA title for Linux and I'm very sure I will buy it when it came out.

Comment

Working...
                    X