Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NethServer 7 Server/Network-Focused Linux OS Released

Phoronix: NethServer 7 Server/Network-Focused Linux OS Released

NethServer 7 is a CentOS derived Linux distribution designed for SOHO use-cases and makes it easy to setup a mail server, web server, DNS/DHCP server, and other common networking tasks via its modular design and web-based administrative interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If you have any questions please post here or on out community: http://community.nethserver.org

Comment

I checked this out in December and was very impressed. We may deploy it in this office soon. We've been using iRedMail for mail up till now but this provides the same stack plus a lot more and it doesn't seem to require manual upgrades like iRedMail does. It's more comparable to Windows Server Essentials.

I wasn't sure whether I really wanted to use Samba over OpenLDAP for authentication but if you want to authenticate Windows clients, it's really the only way to go and Linux can happily play along too if you use the realmd tool. That made it remarkably easy.

I was disappointed by the lack of NFS but a little research allowed me to set this up too, complete with Kerberos support, which is something I've never managed to do before! I've opened a discussion to get this added officially.

Comment

Working...
      X