Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HITMAN On Linux Will Work With Mesa 13.0+ Or NVIDIA

Phoronix: HITMAN On Linux Will Work With Mesa 13.0+ Or NVIDIA

Feral announced earlier this week they are releasing HITMAN for Linux while today they have just published the system requirements for the Linux port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks like I upgraded to my AMD R9 380X + Mesa (been a NVIDIA user for years) at the right time.

I know it won't always be the smoothest ride but having the performance in many games that I have right now on OSS drivers is simply awesome.

Comment

HITMAN on Linux states the minimum requirement is a GeForce GTX 680 or a Radeon R9 270X. But the recommendation is a GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290. HITMAN on Windows recommends a GTX 770 / R9 290 and the minimum requirement there is a GTX 660 / HD 7870 when using its Direct3D renderer.
      So 30% faster hardware required again... they don't need to write requirements i can guess that easely

So 70% on nvidia and 50% on AMD hardware, summa summarum average 60% alcohol is better than nothing
      Last edited by dungeon; 09 February 2017, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Interesting that amd has the lower requirements. And that the Recommendation is the same as on win. Sounds like a good port

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
          Looks like I upgraded to my AMD R9 380X + Mesa (been a NVIDIA user for years) at the right time.

I know it won't always be the smoothest ride but having the performance in many games that I have right now on OSS drivers is simply awesome.
          Running on a R9-290 for quite some time and except 2 stubborn games that insist on Windows I really enjoy my latest acquired games in Fedora (Cities Skylines) and soon CIV VI and uh ... Hitman ^^
          Welcome abord!

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            So 30% faster hardware required again...
            290 recommended is exactly the same and minimum 270x is a renamed 7870
            Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            So 70% on nvidia and 50% on AMD hardware, summa summarum average 60% alcohol is better than nothing
            you should stop abusing alcohol

Comment

Working...
            X